Just got MT4 up and running in Ubuntu Linux! I’m too paranoid using windows these days with the numerous trojans/hackers/backdoors/rootkits and after wasting about 2 hours installing XP Again (!) because of AVG which is the worst antivirus software ever I finally got too pissed off with it all.
If anyone wants to know heres a quick how-to:
- Install wine (sudo apt-get install wine), or install it from synaptic package manager
- Copy MFC42.dll from c:\windows\system32 from your windows pc onto /home/(your username)/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
- grab your MT4 installer from your broker
- Open a terminal and type “wine mt4installer.exe”
- Once its installed you can run it anytime by opening a terminal and typing
- Support your clients and colleagues spontaneously.
- Access your office desktop with all of its documents and installed applications.
- Remotely administer unattended computers (e.g. servers).
- Free for non-commercial use: support family and friends or have remote access to your own computer.
- Applications on a mobile phone with Android: MT4 Remote
- Application that supports the connection between the terminal and MT4 Remote on the phone: MT4Connector
- Strategy EA (Expert Advisor) to be run in the Metatrader 4 terminal.
- MT4 Remote account Information
- MT4 Remote Quote
- MT4 Remote manage order
- MT4 Remote sell/buy order
- MT4 Remote mt4 connector charts
#wine "/home/(your username)/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/(your broker)/terminal.exe"
Don’t forget the inverted commas!
My friends had buy Ipad and Iphone. And they want to try to trade using theor iPad or iPhone. Many of them use FXOpen, Roboforex, InstaForex or liteforex. Those broker currently don’t have application or platform that enable clients to trade from their iPhone or iPad. So how to trade with their iPad without changing broker?
Here’s some of the solution for that.
1. Metatrader 4 for Iphone/iPad with TeamViewer app
If you want to use Metatrader 4 on your iPhone or iPad, you can use additional tools that create a remote connection to your desktop, where Metatrader4 is running. For example, you can use the TeamViewer app for Iphone. This application can connects to your PC and you can remotely control the PC as if you were sitting right in front of it.
TeamViewer App for iPhone, iPod touch & iPad Future:
TeamViewer App for iPhone Functions: Remote Access, Multi-Touch, Keyboard, Remote Reboot, Screen Resolution, Partner List, Works Behind Firewalls, Security, etc.
2. Metatrader 4 for Iphone/iPad with MT4 Connector app
Application on your phone (MT4 Remote) communicates with the mini-HTTP server running on a computer with MT4Connector.exe application.
By sending the appropriate requests affect the operation of the MT4 terminal, sends commands and receives from it messages and information. This communication is made possible by running strategy (EA) on one or more charts on the MT4 terminal.
The system consists of three components for MT4 Remote:
MT4Connector – MT4 Remote Future