Running MT4 in Linux
Just got MT4 up and running in Ubuntu Linux! I’m too paranoid using windows these days with the numerous trojans/hackers/backdoors/rootkits and after wasting about 2 hours installing XP Again (!) because of AVG which is the worst antivirus software ever I finally got too pissed off with it all.
If anyone wants to know heres a quick how-to:
- Install wine (sudo apt-get install wine), or install it from synaptic package manager
- Copy MFC42.dll from c:\windows\system32 from your windows pc onto /home/(your username)/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
- grab your MT4 installer from your broker
- Open a terminal and type “wine mt4installer.exe”
- Once its installed you can run it anytime by opening a terminal and typing
#wine "/home/(your username)/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/(your broker)/terminal.exe"
Don’t forget the inverted commas!